March 13, 2020
The health and well-being of our entire Connors community is always of paramount importance. Your campus leadership is closely monitoring the evolution and spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We feel it is important to mention that at this time, the State Department of Health has indicated the coronavirus is NOT currently spreading in Oklahoma and the general public’s immediate health risk related to this virus is low.
Out of an abundance of caution, our campus leaders have implemented the following:
- Placing additional hand sanitizing station in campus buildings
- Utilizing sanitizing foggers in offices, buildings, vehicles, and residence halls
- Placing handouts around campus with information on protecting yourself and others from the spread of not only this virus, but other infectious organisms as well
At this time, we continue to encourage you to practice the following:
- Safe and frequent hand-washing, washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or utilizing hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Cover your mouth with your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces with a disinfectant
Upon returning from Spring Break, it is the plan for Connors to conduct business as usual and reopen to all students, staff, and faculty. Should the situation change and distance education classes implemented, you will be notified via your campus email. Campus leadership will be monitoring the situation throughout the break in an effort to best protect our student body and employees. Should you travel over Spring Break, we ask that you familiarize yourself with, and practice, the protocols from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Additionally, if you plan to travel over the break, we ask that you notify us by email at email@example.com to inform us of your travel plans.
Please note that we are working diligently to balance action steps with updates as they become available; the situation evolves rapidly, and we are working closely with the experts and our peers to ensure we make sound, logical, and well-timed decisions. We appreciate your patience as we determine, as a team, the best decisions for Connors as a whole.
Ronald S. Ramming, Ph.D.