The purpose of this web page is to let you know what to expect when we start the spring semester on January 11, 2021. The faculty, staff, and administration have been working diligently to allow students to return to campus for the fall term. Our goal is to continue to offer the best and highest quality educational experiences possible while keeping everyone safe and healthy. Connors’ reopening plan was developed following input from returning and incoming students, faculty, and staff, as well as recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, the Oklahoma Department of Health and Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences. Because of the fluid nature of the pandemic, changes and updates to the plan may change as new information becomes available. Since we have such a diverse student body, links to more detailed information are provided below.
The global outbreak of COVID-19 continues to require every one of us to work together to keep our students, faculty, and staff safe and healthy. We know that despite our very best efforts, we will not be able to guarantee that we will be able to prevent exposure to COVID-19; however, there are several practices that we all can adopt to significantly reduce the chance of infection and slow the spread of the virus. These practices include:
- Frequent handwashing with soap for 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces (phones, keyboards, countertops) frequently.
- Stay home if you feel sick and consult your primary health provider
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Practice social distancing. Try to keep a six-foot bubble between yourself and other people.
- Use a face covering when it is difficult to social distance.
Connors State College is making significant investments to enhance the cleaning and disinfecting of our facilities including classrooms and residence halls. Hand sanitizing stations will be distributed in every building. We are purchasing additional equipment and technology to extend our capabilities to deliver course lectures and materials in a variety of formats. In terms of face coverings, every student will be provided with a washable, cloth mask and we are going to require the use of masks upon entry into any campus building and this will include classrooms. As mentioned above, we are going to have to work together to create a safe environment to protect against the transmission of COVID-19.
For any information regarding the college, please visit connorsstate.edu/covid-19-student-resources, or call (918)463-6308.