- Purebred Ranch Operations
- Purebred Ranch Operations is a specialty program of CSC. Designed for students who intend to make their career in the beef production and management industry, the program is set up for students to enter the field upon graduation from Connors.
Introduction to Animal Science; Purebred Sales Management; Livestock Feeds and Feeding; Live animal Evaluation; Animal Health and Applied Reproduction; Ranch Operations and Management; Animal Reproduction.
- Career Opportunities
- Some possible avenues for professional activities after graduation in Purebred Ranch Operations (P.R.O.) include:
Farm management Marketing, sales, and distribution Animal breeding and management Cattle rancher Animal science research technician
- Student Opportunities
Shotgun Shooting Sports Club
- The CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Club is one of the most active clubs on campus, hosting weekly 5-stand or trap and skeet shoots open to all club members and guests. The club includes students, faculty and staff, and is very active in fundraising and FFA/4H shooting events. Participants in the club have an opportunity to learn six separate shooting sports, including: International Skeet and Trap, American Skeet and Trap, Five-Stand, and Sporting Clays.
- Many four-year schools within the state offer shooting sports clubs for CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Members to continue their pursuit of competitive shooting as they continue their education. Schools with shooting sports clubs in the state include OSU, OU, and TU.
Shotgun Shooting Sports Team
- The CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Team is composed of the best shooters from the Shooting Sports Club. Team members travel to multiple ACUI shooting competitions (listed below) throughout the region each semester.
- Ten scholarships will be available each semester for those students that qualify.
- Degree Plan
- [CSCCatalog degree=’AGpro’]