- Wildlife Ecology & Management
- The Wildlife Ecology and Management option will provide students with an understanding of the ecological principles and management practices that influence the health and persistence of wildlife populations. Conservation of native species, game management and control of invasive species will be explored. Students within this option will be exposed to contemporary research techniques, with a focus on habitat management and practical methods for assessing wildlife population density and composition. Students will be encouraged to participate in original research projects, primarily in the areas of invasive species management and restoration ecology.
- Career Opportunities
- Students completing a two-year degree in Natural Resource Ecology and/or Wildlife Ecology and Management will be met with a diverse array of job opportunities. There is currently a demand for well-qualified technicians and field assistants in both the public and private sector. Graduates can expect opportunities in a diverse array of areas, including; Agriculture, Fisheries, Animal Behavior/Breeding, General Biology or Ecology, Wildlife Management, Environment Assessment, Soil Conservation, and Parks and Recreation.
- Student Opportunities
Shotgun Shooting Sports Club
- The CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Club is one of the most active clubs on campus, hosting weekly 5-stand or trap and skeet shoots open to all club members and guests. The club includes students, faculty and staff, and is very active in fundraising and FFA/4H shooting events. Participants in the club have an opportunity to learn six separate shooting sports, including: International Skeet and Trap, American Skeet and Trap, Five-Stand, and Sporting Clays.
- Many four-year schools within the state offer shooting sports clubs for CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Members to continue their pursuit of competitive shooting as they continue their education. Schools with shooting sports clubs in the state include OSU, OU, and TU.
Shotgun Shooting Sports Team
- The CSC Shotgun Shooting Sports Team is composed of the best shooters from the Shooting Sports Club. Team members travel to multiple ACUI shooting competitions (listed below) throughout the region each semester.
- Ten scholarships will be available each semester for those students that qualify.
- Degree Plan
- [CSCCatalog degree=’AGwem’]