ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE (AS) COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The A.S. Degree in CIS is designed to meet the
educational needs of those students who wish to fulfill the lower
division requirements for transfer to four-year colleges and
universities. The program also provides students with the academic
knowledge and skills necessary to become productive and responsible
members of the workforce.
Graduates will successfully transfer to a four-year institution.
2. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to
apply advanced computer software applications, concepts and
3. Students will demonstrate programming
concepts and principles.
4. Graduates will demonstrate computer skills
necessary to acquire an entry-level position in a computer
5. Graduates will demonstrate that they are
academically prepared to succeed in a four-year degree program.
6. Graduates will perform and be technically
proficient in the technology required of business and industry.
7. Graduates will satisfy associate degree
needs of employers based on the education and preparation